Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Strictly Come Dancing’s Anton Du Beke could be demoted back to professional dancer for 2022 series

- Advertisement -
Must Read
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Anton Du Beke warns it could be the 'end of the show' if Covid spreads through the cast Rex Features|BBC
Anton’s future is unclear (Picture: Rex Features|BBC)

Strictly Come Dancing judge Anton Du Beke could be bumped off the judging panel and back onto the ballroom floor in 2022.

The 55-year-old dancer, who has stepped in to replace Bruno Tonioli for the current series after he was unable to travel between countries to juggle Strictly and US-based Dancing With The Stars, is said to be ready to go back to his previous job if need be.

- Advertisement -

An insider told The Sun that while a decision is yet to be made over Anton and Bruno’s respective future roles in the long term, there’s a chance BBC producers could decide to bring the Italian judge back next year.

The source said: ‘Anton is loving his stint as a judge and producers are delighted with the job he’s been doing standing in for Bruno. That said Bruno is a one-off and everybody expects to see him back.

‘Producers will then have a tough choice to make.

‘If in a year’s time Bruno comes back and Anton is invited to return as a dancer he would do it but it would definitely feel a bit weird for him.’

Mandatory Credit: Photo by David Fisher/REX/Shutterstock (10370286gv) Bruno Tonioli 'Strictly Come Dancing' TV show launch, BBC Broadcasting House, London, UK - 26 Aug 2019
Bruno could be back next year (Picture: David Fisher/REX/Shutterstock)
- Advertisement -

Although it would be a strange ‘transition’ for Anton to be back amongst his fellow pros, it’s said he’s happy to do whatever’s asked of him.

The insider added: ‘Once you’ve been a judge and decided who stays and goes it is very tricky to make that step back into the competition and take part against all the other dancers.

‘Anton’s a professional so would make the best of the situation but it wouldn’t be an easy transition.’

- Advertisement -

Bruno, who lives in the US, is missing the new series due to uncertainty over coronavirus travel rules.

He previously admitted he’d find it ‘weird’ watching Anton on the current series, so he hasn’t been tuning in.

‘Watching Anton would be not fair. It’d be weird, like watching an ex with someone new – you just get on with it honey,’ he told The Sun.

‘It’ll do me no good as people will ask me what I think and I don’t want to stick my nose in when I’m not part of it. I think it’s very naff.’

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday at 7pm on ITV.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the VELOXNEWS.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us veloxnews1@gmail.com, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Strictly Come Dancing’s Katie McGlynn becomes second celebrity eliminated after Movie Week


MORE : How old is Anton Du Beke and what is his real name?


- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Sejarah Terjadi Tragedi Demokrasi Tahun 1998

Mengenai sejarah terjadinya Tragedi 1998, Mungkin sudah ada tahu dan pernah dengar bahwa kejadian tersebut ialah suatu kejadian yang...
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -